New South Wales - Holidays and going out

On this page

Information to help you plan your holiday

National Parks NSW

NSW national parks can help you find parks that are accessible for people with disability. Find accessible options in NSW national parks Learn more about accessible travel in Sydney


The Australian Government has advice to help you prepare for a trip if you have a disability. See the advice provided by the Australian Government before you travel

Tourism Australia

Tourism Australia can also give you information on destinations, products and services that are accessible to everyone. Read more about Tourism Australia and how they're supporting accessible tourism

NDIS supports

Local Area Coordinators (LACs)

If you are aged 7 and above, Local Area Coordinators (LACs) can link you to the NDIS and to mainstream and community supports in your area. You can ask your LAC about the supports available in your community, even if you're not eligible for an NDIS support plan. Find out more about how a Local Area Coordinator may be able to assist you

Support for new migrants

Leisure in Australia

Information for new migrants about sport and recreation options in Australia. Learn about leisure in Australia for new migrants

Speak My Language

The Speak My Language program involves people with disabilities from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and Indigenous communities, and other guest speakers, sharing stories, advice and resources to support living well with a disability. Interviews will be available in 25 languages and are free to stream. Find out more about the Speak My Language program

Technology to help you travel

Mobility Maps website

In some areas of Australia you can access Mobility Maps. These maps are developed by local councils and show you accessibility options, including disabled parking spaces. See if you can download a mobility map for your area

Travel agencies for people with disability

Choice Passion Life (CPL)

CPL can provide a range of holiday supports to you and your family under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to ensure you have the opportunity to enjoy your family get away as much as possible. CPL operates in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Find out more about CPL’s supported holidays

Travelling or going out with a companion

Companion Cards

If you have a significant, permanent disability and need a carer to help them to go to events you may be able to get a Companion Card. This card allows your carer to have a free ticket once you’ve paid for your own ticket. Apply for a Companion Card in NSW

Gig Buddies

Gig Buddies pairs volunteers with mutual interests to people with disability to go to events together. Find out more about Gig Buddies Sydney Find out more about Gig Buddies Central Coast

You might also look at …

Transport for different transport options across Australia.

Aids and equipment for assistive technologies to help make your trip more pleasant.