Western Australia - Holidays and going out

On this page

Information to help you plan your holiday

Changing Places – Western Australia

Changing Places is a Western Australia initiative to help you find clean and secure disabled toilet facilities. Learn more about the Changing Places initiative


The Australian Government has advice to help you prepare for a trip if you have a disability. See the advice provided by the Australian Government before you travel

Tourism Australia

Tourism Australia can also give you information on destinations, products and services that are accessible to everyone. Read more about Tourism Australia and how they're supporting accessible tourism

Tourism Western Australia

The Tourism Western Australia website has a disability access and inclusion plan that you can access as well as inclusive tourism resources. Learn more accessible tourism in WA

You’re Welcome – Access WA

You're Welcome – Access WA gives you a guide to accessible accommodation and community facilities and businesses in Western Australia. See if Access WA can help you plan your holiday or day out

NDIS supports

Local Area Coordinators (LACs)

If you are aged 7 and above, Local Area Coordinators (LACs) can link you to the NDIS and to mainstream and community supports in your area. You can ask your LAC about the supports available in your community, even if you're not eligible for an NDIS support plan. Find out more about how a Local Area Coordinator may be able to assist you

Support for new migrants

Leisure in Australia

Information for new migrants about sport and recreation options in Australia. Learn about leisure in Australia for new migrants

Technology to help you travel

Mobility Maps website

In some areas of Australia you can access Mobility Maps. These maps are developed by local councils and show you accessibility options, including disabled parking spaces. See if you can download a mobility map for your area: City of Swan Rockingham

Travelling or going out with a companion

Companion Cards

If you have a significant, permanent disability and need a carer to help them to go to events you may be able to get a Companion Card. This card allows your carer to have a free ticket once you’ve paid for your own ticket. Apply for a Companion Card in Western Australia

You might also look at …

Transport for different transport options across Australia.

Aids and equipment for assistive technologies to help make your trip more pleasant.