Australian Capital Territory - Public Transport

On this page

Financial support for transport

Australian Government Mobility Allowance

You can apply for a Mobility Allowance if you're unable to use public transport and need help with travel costs for work, study or looking for a job. Note this is not available to people on an NDIS plan. See if you qualify for the Mobility Allowance and how to apply

MyWay Concession pass

The MyWay Concession pass allows you to travel on public transport for free or at a discounted rate. Find out if you are eligible and how to apply for a MyWay Concession pass

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

The NDIS can provide support for transport if you cannot use public transport. Find out if you are eligible and how to apply for NDIS transport assistance

NDIS supports

Local Area Coordinators (LACs)

If you are aged 7 and above, Local Area Coordinators (LACs) can link you to the NDIS and to mainstream and community supports in your area. You can ask your LAC about the supports available in your community, even if you're not eligible for an NDIS support plan. Find out more about how a Local Area Coordinator may be able to assist you

Support for new migrants

Transport in Australia

Information for new migrants about public transport in Australia. Learn about transport in Australia

Using public transport