I need help

Sometimes, the fastest way to get the information or help you need is to call someone.

Easy read downloads

On this page

Key contacts

In an emergency or if someone is in danger: call Triple Zero 000

In an emergency if you have hearing or speech impairment: call 106 to make a text emergency call

If you need translation or interpretation: call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450

If you want to report abuse or neglect: call the National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline on 1800 880 052

If you want help with domestic violence: call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732

If you have a concern or complaint about the NDIS: call the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission on 1800 035 544

Health and wellbeing

If you need urgent help with poisons: call the Poisons Information Centre on 131 126

If you are in crisis, anxious or depressed and want to talk with someone:

If you are grieving: call Griefline on 1300 845 745

If you need urgent mental health care:

If you need emergency respite:

Life help

If you want help with drug or alcohol addiction: call DirectLine on 1800 888 236

If you want help with gambling addiction: call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858

If you are in debt or financial trouble: call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007

If you need legal help:

Government services

If you want help with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): call the NDIS on 1800 800 110

If you want help with My Aged Care: call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422

If you want help with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs: call the department on 1800 555 524

If you want help with Medicare: call Medicare general enquires on 132 011

If you want help with Centrelink: call Centrelink on 132 307

If you are a carer and want help: call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737