The Disability Gateway will assist all people with disability, their families and carers to locate and access services across Australia.
On this page
- Disability Gateway Stakeholder kit
- What is the Disability Gateway?
- Who is the Disability Gateway for?
- How do I contact the Disability Gateway?
- What if English is not my first language?
- What if I can understand English, but have trouble reading it?
- What if I have a hearing or speech impairment?
Disability Gateway Stakeholder kit
Help us communicate the benefits of the Disability Gateway and encourage people with disability and their families and carers to visit the site and provide their feedback. The Disability Gateway stakeholder kit has information for you to share with your networks.
What is the Disability Gateway?
The Disability Gateway will:
- improve the navigation to access relevant information and services
- span multiple sectors including health, housing, employment, transport and everyday living
- exist as a central point of entry for referrals to disability information, services and programs
The Disability Gateway is an Australian Government initiative.
Who is the Disability Gateway for?
The Disability Gateway is for all people with disability, their families and carers.
How do I contact the Disability Gateway?
Leave your feedback via the feedback link on the website.
What if English is not my first language?
If you would like to have the Disability Gateway webpages translated, you can phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50. The service can translate in more than 100 languages and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What if I can understand English, but have trouble reading it?
If you need to listen to the information on the Disability Gateway, you can use Readspeaker to automatically change written text to speech. Click the 'Listen' button on any page and it will be read aloud to you.
What if I have a hearing or speech impairment?
If you need to talk with someone about this website, you can contact the Disability Gateway through the National Relay Service by:
- visiting the National Relay Service to choose how you would like to use the service