Your housing rights

Understanding your rights can help to ensure you are not discriminated against when it comes to your housing needs. If you are having any problems with your housing, you could use an advocacy service to talk and negotiate with your housing provider.

Action for More Independence & Dignity in Accommodation (AMIDA)

AMIDA is an independent advocacy organisation which advocates for good housing for people with disability. They can provide advocacy to individuals, with priority given to people with an intellectual disability. See how AMIDA can help with your housing advocacy

Disability Housing Information Line

People With Disability Australia provides information and advice about your housing rights in New South Wales. Call 1800 843 9129. If you live in Specialist Disability Housing in New South Wales, find out more about your rights

You can also look at …

Legal to find out more about your rights

NDIS supports

Local Area Coordinators (LACs)

If you are aged 7 and above, Local Area Coordinators (LACs) can link you to the NDIS and to mainstream and community supports in your area. You can ask your LAC about the supports available in your community, even if you're not eligible for an NDIS support plan. Find out more about how a Local Area Coordinator may be able to assist you